Participation at public events is our primary method of creating prescription drug abuse awareness.
We offer the following event services:
- Speaking engagements
- Panel discussion participation
- Roundtable discussions at schools
If you are interested in having us participate at one of your events, submit our service request form. Here are past and future events we are associated with.
We parents have decided that we need to make a statement to the President of the United States. Our children are dying from the fallout from (SUD) Substance Use Disorder and an addiction normalization epidemic at an alarming rate. In fact 177 A DAY in our country!!! We need action and this is one way to do that. On Saturday Feb. 10, 2018 those who have lost a loved one to addiction are encouraged to send to the President a wallet size photo of their child/loved one to be delivered by Valentine’s Day. A day of love. A day we all will share in our broken hearts. Maybe this just might mean something to somebody. Please mail to:
President Donald Trump
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20500
NCAPDA would like to extend a HUGE thanks to our 2018 ‘Dose of Awareness’ 5K Walk/Health Expo Sponsors
- Alameda/Contra Costa County Medical Association
- Alameda Supervisor Nate Miley
- California Chiropractic Association
- Mothers With a Purpose
- Republic Services
- San Ramon Insurance Agency
- Sports Basement: Registration check in & pick up site for T-shirts, bags, Walk Bibs
- USA Mobile Drug Testing of the East Bay
Join us for the 4th Annual “Dose of Awareness” 5K Walk and Health Expo where you’ll walk in memory of our lost loved ones and in support of those in recovery. Proceeds will support our critical Bay Area public education programs. This is a family friendly event with activities for youth and adults of all ages.
Why Join Us?
- Educate yourself about prescription drug safety and learn what resources and support services are available for your family
- Help end the stigma associated with addiction and overdose
- Show your support for community members who have lost loved ones to overdose
- Help local coalitions fight our local prescription drug/heroin epidemic through your donations.
Emcee: Dan Ashley KGO/ABC 7 News Anchor
- Elizabeth Edwards, Flight Records Recording Artist and Recovery Advocate
- Alameda County Supervisor Nate Miley
- Contra Costa County Supervisor Karen Mitchoff
- Walnut Creek Police Chief Thomas Chaplin
- California National Guard (along with two of their very cool Humvee Ambulances)
1:00 – 3:30 Health Expo and Youth Activity Center Open
1:00 – 1:15 Welcome and Guest Speakers
1:30- 2:30 5K Walk Fundraiser
3:00 – 3:20 Loved Ones Tribute
3:20 – 3:30 Closing Remarks
3:30 Event Closes
How You Can Help
Sponsors & Health Expo Exhibitors: Check out our 2018 Dose of Awareness Sponsorship/Exhibitor Packet and let us know what level of support you would like to provide this year by completing the appropriate Information Form.
Sponsorship & Exhibitor Packet DOASponsorshipPacket2018
Sponsorship Information Form DOASponsorship Information Form_2018
Exhibitor Information Form DOAExhibitor Information Form_2018
Walk Pledges: Ask friends, family, co-workers to sponsor your 5K Walk this year. Use our Pledge Form to manage sponsorship commitments. Or, form a walk team and see who can raise the most in donations! DOAPledgeForm_2018
Promotional Support: Help us get the word out through traditional and social media using our flier and by linking to our ‘Event’ on Facebook.
Dose of Awareness Promotional Flier DOA Flyer 2018_FINAL
Facebook ‘Event’ Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/568736813475676/