Participation at public events is our primary method of creating prescription drug abuse awareness.
We offer the following event services:
- Speaking engagements
- Panel discussion participation
- Roundtable discussions at schools
If you are interested in having us participate at one of your events, submit our service request form. Here are past and future events we are associated with.
NCAPDA would like to extend a HUGE thanks to our 2018 ‘Dose of Awareness’ 5K Walk/Health Expo Sponsors.
- Addiction Treatment Alternatives (ATA)
- Alameda/Contra Costa Medical Association
- Alameda County Supervisor Nate Miley
- Al Loosli, M.D.
- BAART Programs
- Center for Open Recovery
- Contra Costa Chiropractic District
- Fog City Entertainment
- John Muir Health
- Kaiser Permanente
- Lock Med
- Mothers With a Purpose
- Nicole Gee Photography
- ProTransport-1 Ambulance
- Republic Services
- RoSa Construction
- San Ramon Insurance Agency
- Sports Basement
- USA Mobile Drug Testing of the East Bay
Thanks to Sports Basement Walnut Creek located at 1881 Ygnacio Valley Rd., Walnut Creek for hosting our registration check-in.
Registration check in will be held at Sports Basement on 3/25 (event day) from 9am to 1:00 pm. 20% off Sports Basement discount coupons will be available to everyone who checks in there. Plan to pick up:
5 K Walkers – FREE Walk Bib and T-shirt and Tote Bags
All Participants – FREE Tote Bags for Health Expo Exhibitor materials
Join us for the 4th Annual “Dose of Awareness” 5K Walk and Health Expo where you’ll walk in memory of our lost loved ones and in support of those in recovery. Proceeds will support our critical Bay Area public education programs. This is a family friendly event with activities for youth and adults of all ages.
Why Join Us?
- Educate yourself about prescription drug safety and learn what resources and support services are available for your family
- Help end the stigma associated with addiction and overdose
- Show your support for community members who have lost loved ones to overdose
- Help local coalitions fight our local prescription drug/heroin epidemic through your donations.
NOTE: Registration Check-In is at Sports Basement located at 1881 Ygnacio Valley Rd., Walnut Creek on Sunday, 3/25 from 9am-1pm.
Emcee: Dan Ashley KGO/ABC 7 News Anchor
- Elizabeth Edwards, Flight Records Recording Artist and Recovery Advocate
- Alameda County Supervisor Nate Miley
- Contra Costa County Supervisor Karen Mitchoff
- Walnut Creek Police Chief Thomas Chaplin
- Kathy Moore, San Ramon Poet Laureate
- California National Guard (along with two of their very cool Humvee Ambulances)
1:00 – 3:30 Health Expo and Youth Activity Center Open
1:00 – 1:20 Welcome and Guest Speakers
1:30- 2:30 5K Walk Fundraiser
3:00 – 3:20 Loved Ones Tribute
3:20 – 3:30 Closing Remarks
3:30 Event Closes
How You Can Help
Walk Pledges: Ask friends, family, co-workers to sponsor your 5K Walk this year. Use our Pledge Form to manage sponsorship commitments. Or, form a walk team and see who can raise the most in donations! DOAPledgeForm_2018
Promotional Support: Help us get the word out through traditional and social media using our flier and by linking to our ‘Event’ on Facebook.
Dose of Awareness Promotional Flier DOA Flyer 2018_FINAL
Facebook ‘Event’ Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/568736813475676/
Help ensure that unused, unwanted and expired medications sitting in your home medicine cabinet (or other place) don’t get taken and misused by a curious teen or drug-seeking adult. Gather them up and drop them off during the DEA’s National Rx Take Back Day on 4/28 between 10-2pm (at most locations across the country). While you are there, check to see where you can drop off medications as you need to throughout the year.
Visit this website to see what drop off site is closest to you: https://takebackday.dea.gov/