Join us for the 4th Annual “Dose of Awareness” 5K Walk and Health Expo where you’ll walk in memory of our lost loved ones and in support of those in recovery. Proceeds will support our critical Bay Area public education programs. This is a family friendly event with activities for youth and adults of all ages.
Why Join Us?
- Educate yourself about prescription drug safety and learn what resources and support services are available for your family
- Help end the stigma associated with addiction and overdose
- Show your support for community members who have lost loved ones to overdose
- Help local coalitions fight our local prescription drug/heroin epidemic through your donations.
NOTE: Registration Check-In is at Sports Basement located at 1881 Ygnacio Valley Rd., Walnut Creek on Sunday, 3/25 from 9am-1pm.
Emcee: Dan Ashley KGO/ABC 7 News Anchor
- Elizabeth Edwards, Flight Records Recording Artist and Recovery Advocate
- Alameda County Supervisor Nate Miley
- Contra Costa County Supervisor Karen Mitchoff
- Walnut Creek Police Chief Thomas Chaplin
- Kathy Moore, San Ramon Poet Laureate
- California National Guard (along with two of their very cool Humvee Ambulances)
1:00 – 3:30 Health Expo and Youth Activity Center Open
1:00 – 1:20 Welcome and Guest Speakers
1:30- 2:30 5K Walk Fundraiser
3:00 – 3:20 Loved Ones Tribute
3:20 – 3:30 Closing Remarks
3:30 Event Closes
How You Can Help
Walk Pledges: Ask friends, family, co-workers to sponsor your 5K Walk this year. Use our Pledge Form to manage sponsorship commitments. Or, form a walk team and see who can raise the most in donations! DOAPledgeForm_2018
Promotional Support: Help us get the word out through traditional and social media using our flier and by linking to our ‘Event’ on Facebook.
Dose of Awareness Promotional Flier DOA Flyer 2018_FINAL
Facebook ‘Event’ Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/568736813475676/