Participation at public events is our primary method of creating prescription drug abuse awareness.
We offer the following event services:
- Speaking engagements
- Panel discussion participation
- Middle and High School classroom presentations
- Parent education activities
If you are interested in having us participate at one of your events, submit our service request form. Here are past and future events we are associated with.
Join us for a great evening of engaging presentations by students and community leaders from the San Ramon Valley area. This is a free event, but please register so the student organizers know how many to expect.
- Michelle Gachelin, Student, on the intolerance towards “foreigners”
- Tristan Shaughnessy, Student, on the misperceptions about Russia and other countries
- Ruhika Nandy, Student, on the interpretations of street art
- Namrata Keskar, Student, on the Theory of Mind
- Azine Davoudzadeh, School AP Computer Science teacher, on a long-term study of women in computer science
- Andy Madeira, Eden Housing Senior Vice President of Real Estate Development, on the merits of low-income housing
- April Rovero, Founder of National Coalition Against Prescription Drug Use, on drug abuse among youth
America’s prescription drug and illegal opioid overdose crisis is taking a toll on every community in Contra Costa County. Join us to learn through film and courageous dialog about this epidemic and what actions YOU can take to help protect yourself and those you care about.
Discussion Panel immediate following the film screenings will include:
April Rovero (Moderator) – Executive Director Against Prescription Drug Abuse
Tony LaGreca – Producer and Cast Member of Circle of Addiction
Symmes Culbertson – Louisiana State University Student and Screenwriter and Producer of Only The Good
Dan Peddycord – Contra Costa County Public Health Director
FREE Naloxone training and overdose rescue kits will be available throughout the film festival.